Saturday, January 02, 2010

the New Year

Okay, I've been slacking. I must confess again that I've become self-concious. This is sort of like writing a diary and then tacking up your diary pages on the front of some store. Maybe no one will look at it but it's out there.
Finished the Education of Little Tree. It was all right. A little simplistic and you could kind of figure out what was going to happen, but did offer some insight into what a rural life must have been like during those times. Being a city girl I don't have much idea what it must have been like. Next book club selection is "The Help" which I have read a few pages of.... but I can kind of see where that is going, too.
Right now I am reading parts of four different books: Lincoln, by Donald (?), the Santaland Diaries by Sedaris, Well-Schooled in Murder by Elizabeth George, and can't remember the 4th right now. I'm mostly reading Lincoln at lunch at work. It's so heavy that it's hard to read in bed at night- my wrists are killing me, so I've opted to try and read it at other times.
Have been watching more television. I know that's not good but I have my favorites. The new Project Runway is going to start next week. Watching "Launch my Line" the Bravo attempt at Project Runway which is kind of lame but I'm watching it anyway. New Celebrity Rehab starts next week also. (I'm almost ashamed to admit it but I really enjoy it) _ Oh yes, I read Cracked by Dr. Drew Pinsky which I really enjoyed. Back to tv- watching the Bureau and the Shift as cop procedurals since 48 Hours is always in reruns. And of course all my normal PBS shows- Masterpiece, Antiques Roadshow, etc.
That's all for now.

1 comment:

Trip Master said...

Great blog! I must have been adopted since all my siblings read so much and I...don't.