Friday, September 18, 2009

Well, after reading Julie & Julia I was thinking about blogging. And I was thinking about reading and my book club. I feel the urge to write about books I am reading. I have been reading a lot lately. I mean, besides books and art what else do I have ???? a boring life, I guess.
The books I have read in the last few weeks - Julie & Julia, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Slaughterhouse Five, 84 Charing Cross Road. Can't remember what else. Liked J&J-so profane and irreverent. The AoRitR-not so much. I didn't want to like for some reason. Maybe since it was from a dog's point of view? I liked it - marginally. Was DISAPPOINTED with S5. I thought this classic would be so great- but time travelling? I am not into fantasy, apparently. Only had a page or two about the bombing of Dresden which I thought was the whole point of the book. Not what I expected. Loved 84CCR. Read it in 24 hours. Lot of interesting stuff about rationing, etc. after WWII and life in England after the war. I'm reading the Woman Who Walked into Doors right now. Very Irish and lots of Shite'ing. Well, that's all for now. Maybe I will eventually give author's names and a better review.
TTFN

No comments: